Whether in tea, ginger ale or eaten with food, ginger has been used to treat nausea, indigestion and diarrhea for thousands of years. In addition to its traditional use as a digestive aid, ginger is a good source of some vitamins and minerals that are essential to men’s health. Potentially helping to prevent colorectal cancer, heart disease and diabetes, ginger can play a vital role in ensuring that men live long, healthy lives.
Ginger Benefits for Weight Loss
- Ginger increases the PH value of stomach acids, thus reducing the rates of gastric secretions and accelerating the activity of the enzymes necessary for digestion. Ginger reduces the feeling of vomiting and nausea by directly acting on the stomach, rather than impeding nausea in the brain. Ginger also triggers metabolism which helps in burning the fat.
- Assimilating ginger in tea form or using it as an addition in the form of a culinary spice in various dishes can restrict fat accumulation in your body.
- Ginger produces heat in the body and dilates blood vessels just like Cayenne pepper, garlic or mustard. Low fat dairy products, avocado or citrus fruit make healthy foods to eat with ginger root tea.
- Ginger reduces Triglyceride and Cholesterol levels and thus helps in improving cardiovascular health. It elevates the levels of high density Lipo-proteins and lowers the risks of stroke and heart attack by improving the blood circulation.
Sipping ginger tea can help calm an upset stomach, as well as ease congestion when you’ve got a cold.Ginger tea has a spicy, invigorating taste. It’s used as a home remedy for indigestion, nausea, and to ward off colds, flu, and sore throats.
Ginger tea is very easy to make. Here is a recipe for you to try.
Ginger Tea Recipe
- water, 4 cups
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root
- optional: honey and lemon slice
- milk(if needed)
Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin slices. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Once it is boiling, add the ginger. Cover it and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. If needed boil the milk seperately and mix with it.Strain the tea. Add honey and lemon to taste.But i like to have it with sugar.